John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon Mx870 is giving me the message "Printer error has

Customer Question

My Canon Mx870 is giving me the message "Printer error has occured. Unplug the power cord and contact the service center." I've unplugged it several times and plugged it back in (one time waiting about 10 minutes) but nothing seems to help. Ahhh! Any suggestions?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, it hasn't done this before. I purchased it 9/8/10
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, purchased at the same time
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Sorry, I had to look up my operating system. It's a Mac OS Sierra. Nothing happened before this, although a few days ago it said I had a paper jam and I thought I removed the paper and fixed that problem. :)
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 13 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

does the printer flash any error code as well?