John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an epson workforce wf-2760. It says it is connected

Customer Question

I have an epson workforce wf-2760. It says it is connected to the wifi and that a Simple AP mode connection has been established. When I go to print it says printer is not connected. What should I try to fix next?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson workforce wf-2760. Bought it about a year ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. OS X El Capitan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I moved apartments. I restored everything to default settings before I connected to this new place's wifi
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all. Thanks!
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 14 days ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks! what do you suggest I try next?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks.

You do not want Simple AP Mode, because this is a mode in which your computer connects to your printer but not to the internet.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The printer also says that it is connected to the actual wifi. Both icon's are lit up.

Right. AP Mode uses wifi, but it does not connect to your router. Do you want your computer to have a connection only to your printer and not to your router, because that is what Simple AP Mode does?

If you want your computer and printer to both be on the internet, you want Infrastructure Mode.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How do you get to infrastructure mode?

On your printer control panel go to Home > Setup > Network Settings > WiFi Setup and select WiFi Setup Wizard. Then follow the prompts to select your Network Name (SSID) and enter your password (Network Security Key). Please let me know if you have any problems.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I followed your last instructions and it still didn't work. I also went and followed all of the instructions on the Epson website for my printer, and I feel like you are just repeating those same steps to me. Thank you so much for your time, but I am not going to be chatting with you anymore.
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 10 days ago.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do I rate your service?

I sent that message to encourage you to continue working with me on this. I am not ready to have you rate my services at this point.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am sorry, I would not like to continue working with you. I needed this issue fixed Wednesday, and don't have time to personally work on it anymore. I have an appointment to get it looked at by someone tomorrow.