John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Told to refill paper tray which we did. Then would not

Customer Question

Told to refill paper tray which we did. Then would not print. Still saying out of paper. Turned it off, unplugged the wall plug, waited and replugged in but now will not power on.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: One year old, Hewlett Packard HP ENVY 7640.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBook Air lap top.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was printing documents, which printed words backwards as I selected a different print option. I corrected the print option. Then decided to print 2 pages 3 times. On selecting the printer it said that it needed paper.I put extra paper in the printer tray. It remained saying that we required paper. I added paper, then removed paper. Still said that we need paper in the tray. We decided to reset the printer by turning it off, then unplugging the plus from the wall outlet. On putting in the plug, we cannot turn on the printer. On touching the sensitive micro button, it does not turn on.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I have explained everything.
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JJesus Perez Gonzale replied 14 days ago.

Hi I would like to assist you with your problem