John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an MG6320 and all of a sudden I cannot get the

Customer Question

I have an MG6320 and all of a sudden I cannot get the scanner to work. I desperately need it for my work. I can't figure out where to go to Set the PC to Scanning which is the message I get when I press the button.
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG6320 and 4 years this June?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened a long time ago and I am not sure what I did to get it to start working.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so. Although I just checked it and it started scanning. What?! I was in the middle of typing the message. I still would like help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Have you tried the Canon Utilities -> IJ Scan Utility program?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is printing currently working fine?

Is the printer connected to the computer with the USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,