Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I've been ordering ink on line that is supposed to be for

Customer Question

I've been ordering ink on line that is supposed to be for Epson printers but all my pictures have a pinkish color. They were good when I first got the printer. I'm thinking it's the kind of ink. Could that be the problem or is there something else wrong?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: XP 960 expression photo printer - not even 1 year old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS X
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't been printing in color for a while - just black & white. Today I want to print a colored picture and it was awful so I changed it black & white and the printer still prints it in that pinkish color. It wouldn't even print it in black & white even though all the settings were correct.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I know.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 12 days ago.

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

You can run a nozzle check and look at the printed pattern. The pattern should look like the illustration shown on the following webpage:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1059295/Epson-Expression-Photo-Xp-960.html?page=255#manual

To perform the diagnostic test above go to Settings > Maintenance and select Nozzle Check.

If the pattern is corrupted, you can do an automated printhead cleaning. Go to Settings >Maintennce and select Clean Head. You will need to repeat this cleaning several times.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did a nozzle check and found out one of the colors wasn't working. When I replaced it the printer told me it was the wrong kind of ink, even though they said it was for this printer when I ordered it. Until now my printer never told me that. I will get Claria ink from now on which is recommended for best quality printing with this printer. Thanks for the advice.

You are welcome! Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

If you have any other questions or additional problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.