Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Printer 5740 - wrench shows - Network status is offline.

Customer Question

Printer 5740 - wrench shows - Network status is offline. Active connection type-None. Link configuration-None. Wi-Fi Direct status-Off. Wireless status-Disconnected. Network name (SSID) Not set. Anything easy you can suggest for an 86 yr. old woman to do?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Am looking for data. Found Serial No. CN25S2305H
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Guess it is a PC. Never heard the word MAC used.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Since yesterday. I wanted to print. Saw that there was no light on the printer. Went to back of same. Pulled out three plugs and put them back in. Turned computer and printer on and off 4 times. Thought that might help. Printer goes through all the usual motions of connecting but the red wrench flashes at the end and nothing prints.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not than I know. This never happened before.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

First, try a reset of your wifi router and let me know if that cures the problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am 86 years old, as I mentioned earlier. How in the world would I know how to reset my wifi router? I should not pay all this money for something I do not know how to do.