Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My Bizhub C450 scan to email stopped working, looking for

Customer Question

my Bizhub C450 scan to email stopped working, looking for help getting the settings right
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Konica Minolta Bizhub C450. I'm not sure how old, probably 5 to 7 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, this is a network printer, serves several pc's
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just stopped working today. I'm not aware of anything that happened. We had this problem when we first got the machine. I bought it used from my church.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried restarting all equipment, including any routers, switches, etc?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would rather work with you so I know exactly what's wrong and I can fix it myself if it happens again
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't mind letting you connect if I'm in the loop
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
are you still with me?

Sorry for the delay;

You can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Did anything on your network change recently that may have caused this issue?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't think so
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well, I have 1 pc that I think the network adapter is failing, but there's no reason that would affect the scan to email feature from the bizhub to every workstation
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hey, if this is going to be this slow, I might have to try again in the morning. It's rather late in the day, and it seems like it's taking 10 to 15 minutes for you to respond to me. I don't know if you're working on multiple issues with multiple customers at the same time, but this will take several hours at this rate. I don't mean to be difficult, I just don't have time to work this slowly at this time of day
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I give up. It's been 45 minutes since I heard from you. Ridiculous, and I should not be charged until someone actually helps me.

Sorry for the delay;

we can reply back and forth when it is convenient for you.

What email provider are you using?

You will need to check that the server and port settings have not changed.