John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My 6-year old Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-one C410

Customer Question

My 6-year old Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-one C410 printer suddenly stopped printing/copying in black (the color still works). I've put a new black cartridge in, and all other color cartridges are new as well. I also did a print-head cleaning (twice!). What could be wrong???
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: As I said in my original message (just sent): it's a 6-year old HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-all-in-one C410 series.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Laptop w/Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started, maybe a week, right after I replaced an empty black cartridge with a new one. When that one didn't work, I replaced it again with a new one.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: The only other thing I can think of is that just before replacing the empty black cartridge, my husband printed out some photos. That's it. Up until now, never had any problems with this printer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 1 month ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.

Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Thanks

Kris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ready!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. It's my printer that's the problem - not my computer.