John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an epson WF4630 printer. I purchased a replacement

Customer Question

I have an epson WF4630 printer. I purchased a replacement epson 786XL black cartridge but when I replace the old one I get "cannot recognize cartridge" message.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 6 months. It is a workforce 4630
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac, most rent OS i believe. how do i check that ?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just started. The old black cartridge was low, so I bought a new one. The old cartridge is not empty. I can still print
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no, that is it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.

Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.

Thanks

Kris