John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP Envy 4512 printer. It's new and now hooked up

Customer Question

I have an HP Envy 4512 printer. It's new and now hooked up to my computer. My son did a print request and it keeps printing it out. I can't tell you how many times it has printed wasting paper and ink. How do I cancel that print job?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My printer is about 1 month old. I have not set it up totally yet as I'm disabled and it takes me lots of time to get to things unfortunately
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's an ASUS laptop. My son set a print job from his laptop which is an Apple. I don't know very much about computers so I hope that I will be able to answer some of your questions
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue since he set it up last week. Nothing had happened before that time. When I
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: g up at first, I did a copy and it worked fine
Category: Printers
Expert:  Elgin Vega replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you resolve your problem.

To stop the prints go to the bottom right in the screen and look for the print spooler, double click it and right click over every remaining job and select cancel.

It should stop printing all remaining jobs