Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an Epson wf 2540. it is wirless. presently connected

Customer Question

I have an Epson wf 2540. it is wirless. presently connected by cable and it is working perfectly.PROBLEM: it won't work wireless.
I have run a network connection report which shows the connection with excellent signal strength.
it won't print without the cable connection, any suggestions??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may need to do a procedure to change the 'orientation' (USB cable vs. wireless) of your Epson printer driver. Would you like to try that? if so, and if you will tell me your Windows version (or MAC OS X version, if you have an Apple computer), and I will give you instructions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
windows 7

OK. And tell me, when you go to

Control Panel

(Hardware category/section)

Printers and Faxes (or Devices and Printers)

how many icons for your Epson printer or printers, do you see, in all? distinguishing those for printing, from those specifically for scanning or for 'Epson xxxxx Scanner' or the like...?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
one icon

Good. I am preparing your instructions now and will post them shortly...

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
are you still with me?????

I am here... I am preparing your instructions now and will post them shortly...

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in Devices And Printers, by clicking on each icon (or entry) and deleting. (In this case, if there are any scanners shown, or any Epson devices, select and then delete those, also.)

Then go to Control Panel, Programs, Programs And Features, and use Uninstall (or Change) to get rid of all programs specific to your printer.

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to
https://epson.com/Support/Printers/All-In-Ones/WorkForce-Series/Epson-WorkForce-WF-2540/s/SPT_C11CC36201?review-filter=Windows+7+32-bit
and click once on the DOWNLOAD button to the right of "Drivers and Utilities Combo Package", and follow the download process, getting the driver onto your disk, and completing the download and then starting the driver installation program and following through the process.

When asked, choose a Network install, then a Wireless install. If you have a problem at any point, stop, and let me know, and I will help you through it.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that the answer was helpful and provided the information you needed to solve the problem you asked about

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page, or tell me what rating you give my work. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.