Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

When pressing the lan (blue) button the power button (green)

Customer Question

When pressing the lan (blue) button the power button (green) flashes continually, and sometime it prints the wifi config of the printer. I am unable to connect my printer to my network.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon prixma 3650 bout 2 days old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: iPad and iPhone but printing I'd not the issues getting the lan button to flash so I can connect to the network is the problem
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The printer was bought, plugged in and I held the lan button to connect it to my network and all that happened was the power button started flashing, the Lan button should've flashed so I could push the Lan button on the router to connect them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I would just like to know how to connect my printer to my network
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
exactly the same as soon as you push the Lan button the power button continually flashes and prints network config page
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can buy a new printer for less than that so no, what a waste of £20. Thanks for nothing. Goodbye
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last question I sent you please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok done this, it's a new printer so there should not be ant dust in it
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Now follow the steps here to set it up please

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/MG3600%20series/EN/GS/gs_00.html?lang=en&area=eu&model=mg36

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Exactly the same thing happens,
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

On which steps of the instructions?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Plug it in, switch it on, press he Lan button, power button flashes and prints config page
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, but the instructions I gave on the link do not mention a LAN button...

Can you please follow the instructions I gave, I have repeated them again on the link below

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, machine on, with inks installed
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** follow the instructions in the link to install it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Already done all that but as the printer will not connect to the network the app cannot find the printer. Usually you puts the Lan button on the device then on your router and they find each other but for some reason when pushing the Lan button on this printer it does not flash the power button flashes
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, but the instuctions I gave have it connect via the software, not the WLan button

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What software?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

The disk that came with the printer, you need to put it into your computer and run the installation as per the instructions I gave you please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
iPads do not have disc drives and the canon app from the App Store just tells me it cannot find a printer in my network, which is obvious as the Lan button won't let me connect to the network all it wants to do is print config pages.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

You need to install it via the computer to connect it to the network.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It won't be of any use then. It is supposed to be an air printed but the info was obviously wrong maybe that is something I should take up with canon. Thank you for your expensive time maybe "Michelle" could've said you need access to a computer to fix this before she asked for money. I shall just go get a new one. Good bye
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

It will work as an air printer once it is setup, it just needs to be setup first sorry,

I am sorry the way you feel, I have no control over costs or anything as I am just an engineer here.