Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

HP OFFICEJET PRO 8630 WILL ONLY PRINT HALF A PAGE, UNPLUGED

Customer Question

HP OFFICEJET PRO 8630 WILL ONLY PRINT HALF A PAGE, UNPLUGED FOR 10 MIN PRINTS FULL DEMO PAGE DROM PRINTER BUT STILL SMALL PAGE FROM COMPUTER, COMP IS hp 2000
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is it that the second half of the printed page is missing, or that the print is complete but small and only covers half the page thus ?

Also: look, in the same program you sent the only-half-printed page from, at

File

Print Preview

and tell me if it looks normal in the Preview screen (that should show what the document, as sent to the printer, looks like.)

And also tell me what Windows is on your HP 2000 computer, please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have windows 10, print preview looks ok full screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Looks like it is printing in landscape but portiat is selected

OK. What page size is selected? it may have to print across two pages (or some such) if it is too long for the paper you have.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
regular 8.5 X 11 inches
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just using the same size paper for the last two years, no problems

Would you like to try an uninstall, restart, and reinstall of your printer's drivers? it might help, if this problem comes of a corruption of the driver. Let me know, and I will give you instructions on exactly how to go about that task with maximum chance of a good outcome.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK will reinstall

Await my instructions please... done wrong, it will not change things...

First, disconnect the printer, turn it off and unplug it from both power and computer. Leave it that way throughout the following, until you are instructed to connect it up again by the installation software routine (or, at least, by that routine having completely ended and finished and exited etc.)

So: turn off, unplug, unplug your printer.

Go to your computer, to the Start button, then to Control Panel, and remove all entries for your printer and its series in

View Devices And Printers,

under the Hardware category) by clicking on each icon for the HP printer and deleting it.

Then, reboot your computer: shut it down and start it up again.

Then, go to

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367618/model/5367619

and download the

HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Drivers

and once downloaded, install them.

And by and by, try the printer again. I hope that cures it!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no joy same old problem work on this tomorrow

OK... I'm sorry to hear that advice did not help with the problem.

Is it still printing in Landscape mode? check the selection of Landscape vs. Portrait, in both your printer's driver settings (just before actually printing) and also in the MS Word or other program printing settings too. Both should agree, for you to get good results.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpfulor it provided some help that led to resolving the problem.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.