Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I can't get my hP Deskjet 3050A to go back online?? help,

Customer Question

I can't get my hP Deskjet 3050A to go back online?? help
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm not sure how old it is my father passed away Tuesday and I am using his laptop. It is a HPDeskjet 3050A All in One J611 Series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10 I did not have a problem until there were some updates made
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just opened the computer about a week ago tp print out some documents and it happened
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No Ma'am
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

IMPORTANT: please save this page to your favorites (Press CTRL + D on your keyboard) so that you can reconnect with me in case we get disconnected from each other.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know how the printer is connected to your computer? Is this via USB or WIFI?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is connected to WIFI
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thank you for the remote connect
you could just give me the steps to correct it

Thank you, ***** ***** totally understand, but am sorry, I am unable to solve this problem text-based given the complexity and the limitation of troubleshooting it without looking at it. There are no "simple steps" for this, as I would need to analyze your computer first, because this can be caused by many things.

However, another expert might want to try it via text instead. Please let me know if I should opt out of your question and forward you to another expert, or if you´d like me to fix the problem via the proposed remote connection instead.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I knew this was a scam
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 months ago.

I am a different expert.

we are not a scam

If the printer is connected to the wifi then it is 1 of 2 things

A. the printer itself has an error. even something as minor as being out of ink or paper. There should be an error on the printer if this is the case

OR

B. The printer has a new IP address. so the computer cant find it

to fix that

go to the devices and printers folder

remove the printer

click the add printer button

It should find the printer on the network ( if it does not the printer is not hooked up to the wifi)

click next next etc.

it will create a new printer

this one will work.