crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

My Brother printer has stopped showing when my ink is out.

Customer Question

My Brother printer has stopped showing when my ink is out. How do I reset this?
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: mfc9970cdw
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: No error message, yes I can open lid The printer just stopped working so Im assuming it I'm assuming it's the ink that's out
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This happened yesterday when the blue ink ran out; but I just happened to choose the right cartridge to change. That's why I'm assuming it's the ink cartridge that is out; but I would like to have the message that's usually across the top of my read panel to tell me what color I need to change out.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.