Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a canon printer and scanner i have put ink in and it

Customer Question
comes up with the warning...
i have a canon printer and scanner i have put ink in and it comes up with the warning light and says ink cartlidge not fitted properly and the scanner bar does not move when its turned on
JA: Is there an error code on your Canon printer when you try to scan?
Customer: no
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: i didnt know i had to and im just learning how it all works
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
6/15/2017
Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

1. Remove the Canon ink cartridge from your printer. Power down the printer and unplug its power cord from the outlet. Wait a few seconds, then plug the printer in and power it up.

2. Install the ink cartridge in your printer. Wait two minutes for the cartridge to charge and initialize.

3. Check the printer’s display for an E5 error code. This error code in a Canon printer means that the ink cartridge was not installed properly. To clear this error, repeat the previous steps and install the cartridge properly, making sure the label on the cartridge is facing up.

4. Check the printer’s display for code E8 if you installed the ink cartridge properly and you cannot print. Code E8 indicates the platen waste-ink absorber is full. To clear an E8 error, open the printer’s protective cover until the print head moves all the way to the left. Power down the printer and unplug it from the power source. Remove the ink cartridge and the printer’s protective cover by pressing the two retaining clips on the sides. Using a pair of tweezers, remove the felt pads from the platen waste ink absorber; this tray lies under the ink-cartridge holder. Rinse the pads in warm water and pat them dry with paper towels. Allow the pads to air dry, and then repeat the disassembly steps in reverse to reinstall.

5. Check the printer’s display for code E4. This code means that the cartridge has no ink and needs to be replaced.

6. Check the printer’s display for error code E6502. This error indicates an ink-tank position error. To clear the error, reinstall your ink cartridge, making sure it is properly aligned in its holder.

Did this resolved your problem ?

John, Computer Science Engineer