Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a MFC 8480DN and I don't know how to set it up on my

Customer Question

I have a MFC 8480DN and I don't know how to set it up on my home wifi system so I can print from my Mac
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Its probably 5 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: MacOS Sierra 10.12.5
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no. I just moved and I have a new WIFI system
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have the printer USB cable there ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a standard USB cable that plugs into the front. Do I need the one that plugs into the back?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

No, that is OK. There are several ways to configure WiFi on it. The easy way is to do it using your Mac. On your Mac, go to this website --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj480dw_us_eu_as&os=10030

Download the "Full Driver & Software Package". This will download the printer software. Open the downloaded file and run the installer. Follow the onscreen instructions to setup your printer and while setting up, this will allow you to configure it with new WiFi network.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.