Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

How can I get my new HP Laptop connrcted to my Canon

Customer Question

how can I get my new HP Laptop connrcted to my Canon LBP6230?
JA: How are you connecting to your lbp6230: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: Not wireless, so I assume it is by USB (whatever that is) !!
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Never, don't know how.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is your printer connected to your computer with a cable now ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I suppose it is, but it doesn't work If I plug my old computer in, it will print.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You need to install latest drivers on your new HP laptop for the printer, then only it will work. On your new computer, go to this website --> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/laser-single-function/imageclass/lbp6230dw?tab=drivers_downloads

Click DRIVERS and DOWNLOADS.

Then under Recommended Drivers, you will see the drivers like Windows 64bit] LBP6230dw Printer Driver Ver.21.45

Click SELECT button and click Download button. This will download the driver. Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.