Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I bought a PIXMA MX492 and am trying to set it up to work

Customer Question

I bought a PIXMA MX492 and am trying to set it up to work wirelessly with my Mac. However, it says that if I have OS Sierra 10.12 I should see "the Administrator". Can I ignore this and just download? Or do I have to do something special? Thank you!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: I just bought it. This is the first time I've used it and I'ved just installed it.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Excuse me but did you read my earlier message? Mac Sierra OS 10.12
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was just following the instructions that came with the printer on how to connect it wirelessly to my computer.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Make sure that you have setup wireless properly on the printer. Then, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!