Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Labelwriter 450 twin spits out labels and I can't make it

Customer Question

labelwriter 450 twin spits out labels and I can't make it stop unless I unplug it! Help
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Label writer 450 Twin Turbo , 6 years old. Brand new drivers installed this morning.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.12.4
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened first about a year ago. Problem solved at that time. This time I was away for 3 weeks and everything was powered off while I was away and it started again as soon as I re-booted the computer and my whole system.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Love the printer, but this problem can't be lived with. Nothing else to say.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kelly Scriven replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for contacting JustAnswers. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Dymo printer. Have you tried cleaning the unit with some compressed air? It sounds like there may be a bad sensor in the printer, or it may just need to be cleaned. You may also try uninstalling/reinstalling any software that uses this printer, as software can corrupt from time to time, and cause malfunctions.

Do you happen to remember what you did last time this happened?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Kelly,I have blown it out with compressed air and partially disassembled it looking for paper debris on sensors in the paper path all to no avail. After re-assembly and connection it still spews out labels uncontrollably. I uninstalled software and installed new drivers before I posed my question to you. No, I don't recall how I corrected the problem last time.
Any suggestions?

let me open this up to other experts and see if anyone has any other suggestions for this.

Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please connect it to a different computer, install it and tell me if from this other computer you get the same issue?

Please let me know