John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

MX474 printer is displaying a message that says" printer

Customer Question

MX474 printer is displaying a message that says " printer error occurred : Error 5100" Wht does this mean and how can I fix it?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Canon Pixma MX474
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Right before this popped up I was scanning documents nd then ws printing them. The paper jammed and since I took out the jammed paper, it has been displaying this error and won't print
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I am aware of. The jammed paper came out when I switched the printer off.
Category: Printers
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Error 5100 is saying that the ink carriage has problems. Usually something currently is or recently jammed the cartridge carriage. With the machine turned off and the power cord unplugged, open the machine and inspect the inside and remove any stray pieces of paper.