Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I need the pin to reset it to my new wifir outer/printer,

Customer Question

I need the pin to reset it to my new wifir outer/printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MF229dw Sept2014
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Inspiron laptop I am computer illiterate. Where do I find the OS?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: My brother passed away and he managed the computers, printers etc. my son did something with the router and it opened the system up. The internet company told us to disconnect the router. they installed the new router/modem but the tech could not reset the printer without the pin. He told me to contact Canon. I am afraid I was hood winked because a company "Tecknosoft LLC" took over ,said I had to install ProMax antivirus software at a cost of 409.99. After several hours trying to put a pin in''000, then 1234, then(###) ###-#### they told me it was locked and had to order another printer. They ordered MF 236 which does not have wifi capabilities which I told them as I was reading the manual that printers MF 247 and 249 were the ones with wifi capabilities. They sent in a return for MF 236 and ordered MF244. to be delivered tomorrow. I want to know if my MF229dw is a loss?
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I believe we have Microsoft OS
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the Wifi router please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ARRIS
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, I did not see the model from you, but check on the Arris as most models will have a label on it with the pin and password ***** connecting.

Can you check for this and tell me what is printed on it please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model # is T624726
I have the MF 236 printer connected now. If I disconnect it and connect the MF229dw will you be able to work with it?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Yes I could to get it connected

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is connected with a USB port. Do I reconnect it like my brother had it or with the USB port?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Now you run the installation of the printer it will then request to connect to your wifi network and normally it can get the Pin automatically from the computer.

Do this and let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I went to wireless settings. do I go to SSID settings?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

yes, SSID is network name, so choose your network when it lists it please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The window has WPS pin code mode and the tech from my internet service said he needed that before putting in the user names and password.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

I did not see the model from you, but check on the Arris as most models will have a label on it with the pin and password ***** connecting.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The ARRIS model is T624726
2.4ghz: 7106D7 5ghz:7106DD
Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, when you install the printer you need to choose to connect it to the Arrris network, either

7106D7 or 7106DD

And use password *****

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What about the pin the tech said he needed?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

I do not know what Tech or pin you are referring to.... you just need to install it the way I instructed please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am sorry Richard, my husband just fell and I have to disconnect. How can I reach you later?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, I hope he is ok, you can reply to me here, at any time.

But you just need to do the instructions I gave for it to connect.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you