Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I just bought a PixmaMG2522 and it keeps giving me a

Customer Question

I just bought a PixmaMG2522 and it keeps giving me a printing error when I try to print anything
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: CANON PIXMAMG2522 and I just bought it and am setting it up
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was going through the normal steps of setting up and it wanted me to aline the printer ink cartridge head. I attempted to print a document and it popped up an error message
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Nothing pertinent to the situation
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know what exactly the error message says?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Support Code: 5011
A printer error has occurred tunr the printer off and then on again. If this doesn't clear the error, the printer needs repair. See the manual and contact the service center.

Thank you. I assume you did already turn off the printer, unplugged it for 10 seconds from the power cord and then turned it back on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it didn't work

OK, then the printer might indeed need a repair, but I will opt out from your question for a second opinion from another expert, please stay tuned... Thank you very much.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

10 seconds will be too short for any of the capacitors on the board to drain, I want you please to disconnect the power cable from the printer and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Connect the power cable, power it on and tell me if it clears the error please.