Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an office jet 6500A plus, it is not connected to my

Customer Question
wifi and I have been...
I have an office jet 6500A plus, it is not connected to my wifi and I have been on the phone with comcast and they can help no further and asked that i call you.....I am also at this point fine with my printer not being hooked up to wifi if that is an option
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: officejet 6500A Plus a couple of years old maybe 3 not sure
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: My computer is an apple
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: mac book air, I have had this issue for awhile, I had comcast out and they have updated and reset my wifi so my guess is i need to do that on my printer and attempted to with the proxy number of 10.0.0.1 and then it asked for a further proxy of some sort which did not have an option for the period just numbers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: The time it takes to print is long, so if having this printer work not through wifi would speed it up I am open to that option right now my printer asks for the proxy address to connect to web services
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2017
Technician: ITCris, Technician replied 8 months ago
ITCris
ITCris, Technician

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Do you have WiFi name and password?

John, Computer Science Engineer