John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It scans, makes an electronic copy but does not print. Ink

Customer Question

it scans , makes an electronic copy but does not print. Ink has been changed, clean head function one numerous times
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 5012 Photosmart, maybe 5-6 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: its an HP computer, bought it all together.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it told me the ink cartridge was empty, so I bought another. it recognized it as an HP ink cart., but the print function does not work.. no ink on paper
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Does it matter the the color cartridge's are empty, I didn't want to bother with color printing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

What is happening, when you try to print from your PC?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
paper processes, nothing printed
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

You replied me after 5 hrs. I thought that you will not reply me any further. :-) Anyways, reply me back when you want to continue.