Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have an Epson R280 printer. When I try to print a CD, I an

Customer Question

I have an Epson R280 printer. When I try to print a CD, I an error message saying I should reposition the CD tray. I keep trying but get the same message.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's an Epson Stylus Photo R280. It's about 4 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been happening sporadically. Usually if I fiddle long enough with the tray I can fix it, but not this time.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please