John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Second opinion] My EX-640 is almost new. Yesterday it began

Customer Question

Second opinion] My EX-640 is almost new. Yesterday it began printing with 3 lines of space between every line of print. How to fix that?JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?Customer: It's about 4-6 months old, Epson EX-640JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?Customer: MacBook Air, OS 10.10.5JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: The printer had said for days that it was "busy"....so finally I thought to unplug it and when I turned it back on, it started printing but did this funny thing...that was yesterdayJA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?Customer: Not that I can think of....but I really need it to print properly. Also, the font is suddenly very large...not acceptable
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The drivers might need removing, the computer restarting after that, then the drivers reinstalled afresh from a freshly downloaded source. You have MAC OS X 10.10 on your computer? let me see whether there are drivers for your printer *and* for that MAC OS X version...

(I notice that you have already rated positively the other question that this one is a 'second opinion' match to.... has the problem been solved? do you need a second opinion really? let me know your thoughts on this, please...)