Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Having problems with my Epson XP-310 printer. Yesterday, I

Customer Question

having problems with my Epson XP-310 printer. Yesterday, I downloaded an update and that seemed to solve the problem and I was able to print again. Today, I tried to scan a document. I now get an error message that states "Communication error, Check the connection." I am set up for wireless operation between the printer and server. Do you think I should go in for a wired connection? If so, what kind of cable do I need?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would guess 4 or 5 years old. It is a model C462L.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC (HP) - Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We just moved back to Michigan. Yesterday, I unpacked the computer and printer and set them both up on the desk. I hooked up all of the wires from the box and started the HP. I was able to sign on to the Hughes wi-fi. I then tried to print a document and it would not print. I then searched for Epson XP-310 downloads and downloaded an update. The printer was able to print the document. I have not attempted to scan until this morning.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I tried to download a bunch of the Epson downloads yesterday and did not get anywhere. I then deleted all of the downloads and downloaded Epson download 18039 and was able to print from that point on but now not able to scan.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

A wired connection is always more stable and preferred if you can use it.

But fir remove the power to the printer and your wifi router and wait 5 minutes

Then connect the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power to the printer, turn it on and tell me if it then can connect please

Thank you