Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

My 6520 hp printer suddenly will not scan. It tells me the

Customer Question

my 6520 hp printer suddenly will not scan. It tells me the USB is not connected but it is and also tells me wireless is not working . It will print but will not scan to computer. This is recent as I have scanned lots before.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is a model 6520--Model number--SDGOB1241 and serial no.--TH36D120TB
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: hp pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I really do not know when. When I scanned to the computer sometime back it worked fine. When I tried yesterday I get the message I explained. I have checked the cable
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no everything else works fine. The pc has windows 10 and I think the printer may have 8.1
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please