Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My Epson ET 2550 will not print in color, any color, One

Customer Question

my Epson ET 2550 will not print in color, any color
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: One year old, ET 2550
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC ASUS laptop Windows 10 I believe
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have not printed in color much at all since I have had this printer. I pring in BW all the time
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Dont think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it).

You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function repeatedly, up to 5 times total, testing after each.

If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning as a next step.

.

Let me know how the built in cleaning function works, and I’ll guide you through the manual steps next, if needed.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Running head cleaning for 2nd time in 10 minutes now
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO difference, trying a third time. I did print some color documents two days ago, the yellow showed up OK, the greens and others were aswful, little to no color
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cleaning for 4th time now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not any better after 5th cleaning
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
im disconnecting
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm disconnecting and my session is officially over. I'm done and my payment will be ending at this point
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed. You had also "opted out" of the question, blocking me from being able to respond to you.

The underlying cause here is the infrequent use of color; inkjets have to be used, on all colors, at least weekly to keep them from drying out and clogging up. If they go a long time sitting idle, they can then overheat and become permanently damaged when you try to use them again.

The next step here would be a manual cleaning process. I'd be happy to guide you through that if you'd like, but it is quite involved and can end up voiding your warranty. Since it is a year old, if it is still under warranty, you'd be better off filing a warranty claim and epson would replace the printer for you under warranty. If you are past the 1 year mark or did not register the warranty, then we can go through the manual steps.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm satisfied in that it is what it is. Probably a manual cleaning is needed, as I've exhausted all the automated options the system allows a user to do.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the update, if you need any more help, contact info for epson, etc just let me know.

Thanks,