VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an HP Envy 7640 and when I try to print PDF

Customer Question

I have an HP Envy 7640 and when I try to print PDF documents, parts of them are blacked out and I don't know why
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: You don't think HP ENVY 7640 is the exact model?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has happened since I got the printer which is quite a while back.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. When did this issue start? Does it happen with PDF's only or all Doc's and Web pages?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Seems to be PDFs only.

As Web Based PDF's or ones on your PC?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You haven't told me how to fix my problem.

Sorry, I was asking was the issue with Web Based PDF's or one on your PC? I need to know this to answer your issue. Sir or Madam.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My problems have been with web based PDF's.

Ok, that is what I needed to know. Lastly, what Browser are you using? This should be the last question that I need to ask you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hummm...Well, I guess it's Firefox. A while back a tech I hired to restore things after a glitch set me up on Firefox. He also set up that when I clicked the Firefox icon, Google would be the 1st tab and Yahoo would be the 2nd. Recently (after the 1st experience of my printer blacking out things when I tried to print the PDF's) it changed to where a blank tab shows up with a plus sign in it and when I click that, I'm shown many small screens I can chose which to open. I choose Yahoo to go to websites which is where I am apparently having trouble printing the PDF's. Right under where the tabs show up is a bar where I enter the website name I want to go to. I do not use the YAHOO search box that shows a little lower on the screen.
TMI? Hope not. Thanks, ***** ***** Smith (just so you know)

Offer Sent to you, Madam.