John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My new HP 250 Printer has scanning problems. I did manage to

Customer Question

My new HP 250 Printer has scanning problems. I did manage to scan one document to my computer but I cannot find it. The earlier model HP150 sent all scans to the My Scans folder in the Documents folder. That was good and hope I can do the same with the HP250.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a new HP Officejet 250 Mobile All-In-One printer. I have an immediate problem in that the printer indicates the scanning software has to be installed and configured on the computer. I believe I have done a complete on line install
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP PC using Windows 8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is a new issue right out of the box. As I said one scan to the computer did go through but I can't find it on the computer. So the 2 questions are where do I find the scanning software and where do I find the completed scan?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: No Printing and copying seems to work OK
Category: Printers
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

First hold down the windows button + R and type in wfs and hit enter

This will open Windows Fax and Scan

Then you can go to tools -settings and change your scan folder

But the default should be Scanned Documents under your documents folder.

You can also use the HP Scan software if it's installed.

Please see video below

http://bcove.me/p1clcd0f