Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson 3640 Can not load new black ink cartridge into the

Customer Question

Epson 3640 Can not load new black ink cartridge into the printer. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nathan: this is an Epson Workforce 3640 Printer. I can not open the clip which holds the inks in place. It is only the large black ink cartridge that has to be replaced. Can you please advise how to do this? $52 is too much, can not afford that, but the other
process must be afforded. Please advise
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

I am familiar with your printer, it is addressed by the specific steps I mentioned above, you must prompt the carriage to move over by accessing the appropriate menu selections first.

After it is in place, then you can squeeze in on that clip and lift the cartridge up and out.

Please let me know where you are getting stuck.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.