Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Bought this printer a couple of weeks ago from the local

Customer Question

Bought this printer a couple of weeks ago from the local Walmart store Went to set it up (no instructions or cable that goes from back of printer to computer)Is this common practice or a refurbished piece and all the parts werenot included?Would like to use printer ,but do not know to make it work. The Model #is MG2522. Thank you G Munger ***@******.***
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PIXMAMG2522 Was supposed to be brand new 2 weeks ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC What do you Mean (OS)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Like I say I just bought the printer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Once I get the parts I need (cord & instructions) I think I will be OK
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

This is actually normal. These are very basic model printers and don't come with anything included. There is a reason that they sell for around $30.

The manual is available online only, though there isn't much to it.

A cord is not included, canon makes you purchase your own, to keep costs down.

You may purchase a suitable cord here: http://amzn.to/2qxfeCe

it is just a standard usb a/b printer cable.

You can get the manual and download the necessary software to install it here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2522/pixma-mg2522?tab=drivers_downloads

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.