John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon MG6821 will not connect to the wireless router that

Customer Question

Canon MG6821 will not connect to the wireless router that has been used for the last 6 months. I've tried everything including verifying the router is working correctly. Out of ideas!
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Done it briefly in the past but just had to go through setup again and problem fixed. About a year old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 9 I think
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Issue for 2 days. Nothing happened. Turned printer on and boom we have a problem. Worked fine the day before.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Have tried rebooting both router and printer. Tried reinstalling the wireless connection with router passcode
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
When you reinstalled the printer with the router passcode, what result was there? no error message, no indication that the printer was not connecting to the router/wireless properly?

Have you had any problem with the wireless service lately, that might have required resetting the router?

Have you still got a connection to wireless internet through the computer? or is it still running on a wired/Ethernet cable connection?