John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Im trying to replace my drum but it won't let me take it out

Customer Question

Im trying to replace my drum but it won't let me take it out I tried pressing green lever the left side is stuck the right side will move
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: 7360 couple of years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: replace toner just happened. NO not been issue before today I tried clearing it but it seems like something is stuck it makes weird noise if I try and print or copy anything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no its just on the left hand side. the right will move if I push green button down and lift up. But the left side won't budge
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the left side is stuck, something is caught in the works, against some protrustion, or a part of the drum is turned up when it should be turned down, etc.

I could advise you more specifically, if you could photograph the drum at the left side, only twice at most - the flash will degrade the drum surface, and indeed, don't expose it to bright light much more than 2 minutes per half hour, or it will need replacing... and post those 2 photos to me.

Try pushing it inward at both sides, also; try pushing it inward first, at the left side only.

Does any of that advice help? let me know - knowing more about the individual case, I can advise you better still, I hope.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
tired that doesn't work it won't budge on the left hand side

The noises it is making suggest a stuck gear or the like.

Is it a Brother printer, by the way? '7360' suggests that, but is not very specific at all...