Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

WHEN I COPY ITEM TO PRINTER. COMPUTER REPORTS PRINTING

Customer Question

WHEN I COPY ITEM TO PRINTER. COMPUTER REPORTS PRINTING COMPLETE.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PRINTER IS NOT COPYING?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: DOES PRINTER HAVE TO BE RE-SET UP? ED
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: THE LAST 24 HOURS. I HAVE A HP 6210 PRINTER.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver, being careful to completely remove all printer software from your system. The problem is that if your computer finds the old drivers on your hared drive , it will reinstall them with their flaws instead of the new drivers with which you intend to replace them.

First, go to Control Panel > View Devices and Printers and remove the print server icon(s) for your printer. Then go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall each item of software listed there for your printer. Be careful not to uninstall anything else by mistake. It is easy to select the wrong item, so read the confirmation prompts carefully before selecting OK. Then restart you computer. Finally download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official Epson support website.

Sorry. I meant to say the following:

Finally download and install the latest drivers for your printer from the official Hewlett ackard support website