John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Second opinion] the paper keeps jamming no matter how many

Customer Question

Second opinion] the paper keeps jamming no matter how many times I clear the jam & restart the printer - can you help?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: epson workforce 600
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: hp laptop - the printer is at least 4 years old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the printer has been paper jamming a lot lately - but would eventually work after repeated tries. Today it is refusing to cooperate!
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No I think that's everything
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If repeated tries don't work, then something else is needed. To instruct you as to what to try next, let me know where in the printer, and how (crumpled, or just stopped dead, or not feeding in at all...) the paper is jamming.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the paper feeds about a third of the way thru & then crumples and gets caught - and no amount of cleaning, pulling out bits of paper or resetting the printer works - we are about to go buy a new one!

I presume that it is normal-type letter paper, not some unusual type of paper nor some change in paper that has produced this unfortunate result. ?