Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Epson 545 gives Automatic Paper Feed jam error upon turning

Customer Question

Epson 545 gives Automatic Paper Feed jam error upon turning machine on. No paper jam present. Cleaned ink connections. unplugged. Tried everything. Upon turning on machine, it goes straight to the error message, 3 lights blink on the machine, the on/off, the wifi, the auto answer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4-6 years? no idea of "exact" model. where could I find that info?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc, windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it did this a couple of times last week. we unplugged and it would work again. now, it simply keeps the error message, no matter what we try.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not that I know of.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Either a switch (sensor switch, that is, one that senses the presence of paper) is jammed in the ADF feeder on top of the printer - or else, there is a problem with the circuitry of the printer, that causes a completely fake error.

Open the ADF feeder. See if you can spot a small paper sensor switch that is fouled, broken, jammed in the 'on' or depressed position, etc., anywhere in the ADF feeder's paper path.

If nothing can be seen, then I regret to say, it's a choice between repair-servicing the printer, or replacing it, most likely.

If you can think of anything else distinctive that the printer has been doing, let me know, please, and I will advise you further.