Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I can't print. I get a message the printer is not

Customer Question

I can't print. I get a message the printer is not responding. I have a wireless MX470 series. It shows it has a wifi connection and so does my computer/the modem is working as well as the router I have unplugged it/turned it on and off but am not getting anywhere
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: MX472
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC/window 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been in Florida for the winter and am just hooking everything back up this afternoon
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Now that I am aware of
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless again on your printer by following the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART117459&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1494440506914

After setting up wireless, restart the printer and computer. then, try printing. if the issue persists, you may have to reinstall the printer driver too.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When will he be available. This is a service that is offered.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Have you tried setting up wireless as per the instructions in the below link?

If you are not able to do that, do you have a printer USB cable with you?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have checked, you do have current credit card information
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

You may have to enter the information again. Have you tried setting up wireless as per the instructions in the link I have given?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO, I was going to take the offer of remote access. I should not need a usb cable as I am 100% wireless. This is not looking like a good experience to me.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

USB cable is just for setting up wireless.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't see a usb port on the printer. I have re=entered my cc information
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

It seems that it is not working. Are you sure that you are not able to follow the instructions in the link I have given?

Thank you.

Customer/p>