Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

E of paper stuck in the works, tried to pull it out and now

Customer Question

E of paper stuck in the works, tried to pull it out and now the end is up in there somwhere and its too far in for me to reach. How do i remove that last piece. There seems to be no entry into the inside there. Please help!!
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a pixma mx492 and about 1 year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am printing manually from mi ipad air
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have printed with it with no problem until about 20 minutes ago. I printed one side of a letter and wanted to put the other side on the same page instead of making 2 pages. No go but i have done it numerous times befor with no problem.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Dont know anything else to tell you but how do i get in would be really nice for them to tell me
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suggest the simple-sounding remedy, of turning the printer Off, waiting at least 1/2 minute, then turning the printer On again, and waiting a bit to see if the printer senses and expels the paper inside the printer on itself as it initializes.

If it does not, let me know, and I will instruct you on how to access that part of the printer, to remove the paper bits that are still inside. Let me know how it goes, please.