John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer goes to sleep and is very slow to restart. I shut

Customer Question

My printer goes to sleep and is very slow to restart. I shut it down sometimes it works, sometimes not. Brenda
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother DCP7020
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: II may be using it one day and it works fine. When I go to use it the next hour, it show sleep. The information goes to the printer but won't print.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Did you try increasing the sleep time?

The default sleep time is 5 min. You can increase it up to 99 min.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The sleep time default is currently 1 hour and turn on never? Not sure what this means.

Can you change the turn on option from never?

You can also turn off the sleep mode. To do that, press the Options and Start button simultaneously.