Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

It stopped connecting to my lap top. hp 2450, purchased

Customer Question

It stopped connecting to my lap top.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: hp 2450, purchased about 3 years ago
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: lap top, lanovo, windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: about 3 months now, I don;t really know of anything that happened unless it was an update.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: i have tried updating drivers it did print a test sheet today, however it still says the printer is off line when I tell it to print from any program like from my emails
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

I am an experienced technical support specialist, and I have solved hundreds of printer connectivity issues. I can show you how to remedy this issue by following my detailed instructions, so that you will be able to repeat the procedure yourself if and when the issue reappears. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I'm ready.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If your going to help me, it has to be late evening. I work to ya know. If I don't get help by Friday night. I want my money back.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software.

We need to uninstall your printer software, so that we can download and install new drivers for your printer and operating system.

First, connect your printer to your wifi network using the Network menu on the printer control panel.

Now, please go to Control Panel > Hardware& Sound > View Devices & Printers and remove the print server icon(s) for your printer. Then go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall all the programs for your printer. Then restart your computer and rejoin this session, by selecting the link in your notification email.

Finally, download and install the latest printer drivers from the official website.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-2540-all-in-one-printer-series/5295960/model/5295961/troubleshooting

If you have any questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.