John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Why is my printer not printing, PIXMA MG5420 6yrs old maybe,

Customer Question

Why is my printer not printing
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PIXMA MG5420 6yrs old maybe
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS X EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 I PRINTED SOME PHOTOS AND NOW I CANNOT PRINT REGULAR STUFF
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I PRINTED SOME PHOTOS WHICH I NEVER DID BEFORE BUT I CAN PRINT
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I can take a photo and put it on my home screen ? and then I can print it. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I cannot print anything I cannot copy anything.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

when you say you can't copy either. You mean that using the printer directly and hitting the copy button it will not print a copy of what you put on the scanner glass or in the ADF unit ?

Are there any error messages or error lights on the printer itself ?