Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

It will not print anything that includes black ink. I have

Customer Question

It will not print anything that includes black ink. I have just bought new ink cartridges and also have cleaned the printer nozzle.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: wf-4630. 786 cartridges
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: From a MAC but I have also tried just making a copy of a paper with no success.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have been out of town for a couple months and have not used the printer.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Done and still not working.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Connecting remotely wouldn't fix anything. I can't even copy a document.
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

It seems that the issue is with the printhead and the printer needs repair. I would suggest you try cleaning the printhead two or three times.

Thank you.

Customer/p>