John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Message saying that the optical photoconductor needs

Customer Question

message saying that the optical photoconductor needs replacing on my Brother MFC9330CDW - is this a major cost item?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Brother MFC9330CDW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS Sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: line appearing on printed copies
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: dont know
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, Please Turn Off the printer and unplug it from the power. Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen. plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh five pages of paper Then try to print again.

Let me know the results

Thank you