Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

DCP-J152W I have connected to NBN and now the printer is not

Customer Question

DCP-J152W I have connected to NBN and now the printer is not working. Any suggestions?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother Ji52W probably 4/5 years old; but as you suggested that is a guesstimate.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I would set up to print something and the window would say"Printer not connected" I would leave it for maybe half an hour and when I came back the job would be done. Now that is not happening.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: I have just connected to NBN with IINet as my email is with them.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

You will also need to connect the printer to NBN.

Run the installation from the disk again like when you first installed the printer, choose to connect it to the new wireless network and it will resume working again.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you