Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I refilled my eco tank printer with all of the colors. I

Customer Question

I refilled my eco tank printer with all of the colors. I have never had a problem before but it's printing as if there is no black ink. I have run the cleaning print head nozzle numerous times.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's less than a year old. I bought it in the summer of 2016 It's ET-4550
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac air running on Mac OS Sierra version 10.12.4
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started. My black ink and yellow were low. I refilled it as I have before. Then when I went to print, it came out almost blank. I couldn't even align because I couldn't see the choices
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay...thank you. So what should I do?

I recommend doing a manual cleaning of the printhead using a cleaning kit. The kit consists of a bottle of cleaning solution, a syringe, and a short length of plastic tubing. There is an excellent video which shows exactly ho to do it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay....I will look into that. I was hoping for an answer that would solve the problem immediately. Anyway...thank you

If you can wait for it, I can give you helpful You Tube links that I have seen.

You are welcome. I cannot locate the information again, but there is plenty of it on the internet. You can look into it yourself.