Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My printer willnot keep a default setting. and although it

Customer Question

My printer willnot keep a default setting. and although it appears it hs the right setting, it does not. I found in Properties in the Control Panel, thereis a section that has A4 and 8.5X11 but I can't get it out. It also has the 80mmX297mm which is right
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TM-T88IV Model M129H
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Thank yo by hte way..for being there
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: actually for quite a while...but seems to have gotten crazier and harder to fix today
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: each tim eI want to print, I have to go in and reset properties
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

Have you tried uninstalling the printer software and reinstalling it with the latest printer drivers? I have located the documentation on your printer, and it shows that it is a thermal receipt printer. If this is the printer you are having problems with, it cannot physically handle A4 and letter-size paper. Perhanps this is the reason that you cannot set those sizes as defaults.