Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I get and error on my printer c000, pixma mx922 4 yr old, I

Customer Question

I get and error on my printer c000
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: pixma mx922 4 yr old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was out of ink and replaced it, then message was cancel print and shut off and start over. I did and still get the same message.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

This problem can be caused due to various reasons, please follow the steps one by one and let me know, how it goes.

Method 1: Make sure that all packing materials have been removed

If you see Error C000 the very first time you fire your Canon device up and try printing/copying something with it, there is a good chance that the cause of the error are packing materials that you have not removed from the device. Simply open the printer door and make sure that all packing materials (such as protective tape and protective polystyrene) have been removed from the printer, close the door and check to see if the problem still persists.

Method 2: Make sure that all ink tanks are properly seated

Error C000 has also been known to be caused by poorly seated or unseated ink tanks. Another method that can be used to try and fix Error C000 is to open the printer door and make sure that all of the printer’s ink tanks are properly seated. Just to be sure, it would be best if you unseated the ink tanks even if they are seated and then reseated them.

Method 3: Make sure that none of your ink cartridges are empty

Canon printer users may also see Error C000 if one or more of their printers’ ink cartridges are empty. To rule out an empty ink cartridge as the root of Error C000 in your case, simply remove your printer’s ink cartridges one by one and check them to make sure that none of them are empty. If you do find that one of your ink cartridges is empty, replace it and check to see if that fixes the problem.

Method 4: Remove all foreign objects and clear the paper feed path

One of the most common causes of Error C000 is a paper jam or other foreign obstruction in the paper feed path of a Canon printer. A pretty effective method that you can use to try and solve this problem is to make sure that your printer is not suffering from a paper jam, remove any and all foreign objects (such as paper clips and torn pieces of paper) from your printer and completely clear the paper feed path of your printer.

Method 5: Reset your Canon device

If none of the methods listed and described above worked for you, there is a decent chance that this solution will. Resetting a Canon device is pretty simple – all you need to do is turn the device off, completely unplug the device from the power outlet it is connected to, wait for approximately 5 minutes, plug the device back into its power outlet and turn it on. Once you do so, check to see whether or not you are still suffering from Error C000.

Note: Resetting a Canon device will delete all of the faxes stored in its memory.

If even Method 5 does not work for you, your only remaining option is to have your device serviced at Canon or looked at by some other professional.